Interleukin-1b is produced by activated macrophages, IL-1 Beta stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing il-2 release, b-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL1B proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin from synovial cells.
Interleukin-1 beta Human Recombinant produced in E.Coli is a non-glycosylated, Polypeptide chain containing 153 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 17000 Dalton.
The IL-1 Beta is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
IL-1 Beta was lyophilized from a concentrated (1mg/ml) sterile solution containing 50mM Phosphate buffer pH=7.1 and 150mM NaCl.
Lyophilized Interleukin-1b although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution IL-1 Beta should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C.For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Please prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
Amino acid sequence
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.631 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a calibrated solution of IL-1 beta Recombinant as a Reference Standard.
Safety Data Sheet
- Title: Proinflammatory Cytokine IL-1b Stimulates IL-8 Synthesis in Mast Cells via a Leukotriene B4 Receptor 2-Linked Pathway, Contributing to Angiogenesis.Publication: Published online before print March 1, 2010, doi: 10.4049/ jimmunol.0901735 The Journal of Immunology April 1, 2010 vol. 184 no. 7 3946-3954.Link: http://www.jimmunol.org/content/184/7/3946.fullApplication: Level of IL-8 mRNA was dramatically enhanced by IL-1b,HMC-1 cells were stimulated with IL-1b.
2.Title:Contribution of IL-1 to resistance to Streptococcus pneumoniae infection .
Publication: Int. Immunol. (2008) 20 (9): 1139-1146. doi: 10.1093/intimm/dxn071 First published online: July 1, 2008
3.Title: Hydrogen sulphide decreases IL-1b induced activation of fibroblast?like synoviocytes from patients with osteoarthritis
Publications: journal of cellular and molecular medicine 19.1 (2015): 187-197
4. Title: Riampin Augments Cytokine-Induced Nitric Oxide Production in Human Alveolar Epithelial Cells
Publications: Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 50.1 (2006): 396-398
5. Title: Adiponectin may contribute to synovitis and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis by stimulating vascular endothelial growth factor, matrix metalloproteinase-1, and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in fibroblast-like synoviocytes more than proinflammatory mediators
Publication: Arthritis Res Ther 11.6 (2009): R161.