Dr. Tanchum (Tany)
Main interest & research was primarily in the field of Protein Biochemistry
Born in Haifa Israel
B.Sc Chemistry at Tel-Aviv University
M.Sc at Laboratory of Applied Enzymology - Department of Biophysics Weizmann Institute, Supervisor: Prof. Zvi Bohak.
Ph.D at Chemical, Biological and Clinical Studies of Modulatory Peptides, Weizmann Institute, Supervisor: Prof. Matityahu (Mati) Fridkin.
Postdoc at UCSD San-Diego California.
Glaxo Welcome, Research Triangle Park, N.C. USA
Biotechnology General Ltd., Weizmann Science Park, Rehovot Israel
Founded ReProGen Ltd., focus on bulk production and purification of recombinant cytokines and chemokines from bacterial system.
Founded ProSpec-TechnoGene Ltd., focus on production of various recombinant proteins for academic and life science research.
1. Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone and Thyrotropin-Releasing Hormone in Human and Bovine Milk, European Journal of Biochemistry 127 (3) 647–650 doi:10.1111/j.1432-1033.1982.tb06921.
2. Biotinylated endothelin as a probe for the endothelin receptor Peptides,Volume 12, Issue 6,November-December 1991, Pages 1229-1233.
3. Isolation and complete amino acid sequence of two fibrinolytic proteinases from the toxic Saturnid caterpillar Lonomia achelous Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Protein Structure and Molecular Enzymology,Volume 1079, Issue 2,30 August 1991,
4. Growth hormone releasing factor-like immunoreactivity in human milk Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications,Volume 135, Issue 3,28 March 1986, Pages 1084-1089.
5. Immunoreactive and biologically active somatostatin in human and sheep milk Eur J Biochem. 1985 Apr 15;148 (2):353-7 2859195 (P,S,E,B).
6. Isolation and complete amino acid sequence of two fibrinolytic proteinases from the toxic Saturnid caterpillar Lonomia achelous.
United States Patent 5434135 :
The invention in growth factor compositions includes: a novel compound which is a separate pure nicked or pure non-nicked species of epidermal growth factor EGF1-48 or its hEGF1-47 or hEGF1-49 congener compound, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; a pharmaceutical composition in dosage form comprising an effective amount of the novel compound and/or the known hEGF1-53; and use thereof for treating abnormal cell growth conditions including gastrointestinal/duodenal lesions; and methods of making the pure novel hEGF species. This unique therapeutic utility is enhanced by the unexpected and heretofore unappreciated structural stability and resistance of the pure species to enzymatic degradation, Filed on 1993-01-25.