Integrin Binding Sialoprotein, Integrin-Binding Sialoprotein, Bone Sialoprotein II, Cell-Binding Sialoprotein, BSP II , BNSP, Bone Sialoprotein, BSP-II, SP-II, BSP.
IBSP Human Recombinant produced in HEK293 Cells is a single, glycosylated polypeptide chain (17-317 a.a) containing a total of 307 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 34.3 kDa.
IBSP is fused to a 6 amino acid His-tag at C-terminus and is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
The IBSP solution (0.5mg/ml) contains 10% Glycerol and Phosphate-Buffered Saline (pH 7.4).
Store at 4°C if entire vial will be used within 2-4 weeks.
Store, frozen at -20°C for longer periods of time.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
Greater than 90.0% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
>40%, measured by the ability of the immobilized protein to support the adhesion of MCF7 human breast cancer cells. When cells are added to Human IBSP coated plates 3 ug/ml.
Amino acid sequence
FSMKNLHRRV KIEDSEENGV FKYRPRYYLY KHAYFYPHLK RFPVQGSSDS SEENGDDSSE EEEEEEETSN EGENNEESNE DEDSEAENTT LSATTLGYGE DATPGTGYTG LAAIQLPKKA GDITNKATKE KESDEEEEEE EEGNENEESE AEVDENEQGI NGTSTNSTEA ENGNGSSGGD NGEEGEEESV TGANAEDTTE TGRQGKGTSK TTTSPNGGFE PTTPPQVYRT TSPPFGKTTT
VEYEGEYEYT GANEYDNGYE IYESENGEPR GDNYRAYEDE YSYFKGQGYD GYDGQNYYHH QHHHHHH.
Safety Data Sheet
1. Structural Diversity: Research on IBSP often delves into its structural characteristics. IBSP is known for its rich sialic acid content and multiple functional domains, including an RGD cell-binding domain and polyglutamic acid stretches. These structural features enable IBSP to interact with various cells, affecting adhesion and migration.
2. Mineralization Regulator: A significant focus of research is IBSP's role in mineralization. It acts as a nucleator for calcium phosphate crystals, providing a scaffold for bone formation. Understanding how IBSP influences mineralization is crucial for insights into bone health and diseases like osteoporosis.
3. Cell Signaling: Research papers explore IBSP's involvement in cell signaling pathways. IBSP has been linked to angiogenesis, inflammation, and cellular differentiation. Investigating these signaling pathways sheds light on its broader physiological roles.
4. Biomedical Implications: Studies often discuss the biomedical implications of IBSP. Researchers investigate its potential roles in bone disorders such as osteoporosis and periodontal disease. Additionally, IBSP's involvement in tumor metastasis and dental tissue regeneration is a subject of interest.
5. Recombinant IBSP: The use of recombinant IBSP in research is a significant topic. Researchers utilize recombinant IBSP to explore its functions, interactions, and potential therapeutic applications. This allows for controlled experiments and insights into IBSP's behavior.
6. Diagnostics and Therapeutics: Research papers may discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic potential of IBSP. Understanding its roles in health and disease can lead to the development of diagnostic markers and therapeutic interventions, particularly in the context of bone and dental health.
7. Clinical Relevance: Some research may focus on the clinical relevance of IBSP. This could include studies on patient populations with IBSP mutations or alterations, aiming to understand how variations in IBSP may contribute to specific medical conditions.