prospec

HBA2 Human

  • Name
  • Description
  • Pricings
  • Quantity
  • HBA2 Human
  • Hemoglobin, Alpha 2 Human Recombinant
  • Shipped with Ice Packs

Catalogue number

PRO-1183

Synonyms

Hemoglobin alpha chain, hemoglobin alpha 2, hemoglobin subunit alpha, Alpha-globin, alpha-2 globin, HBH.

Introduction

HBA2 is a member of the globin family. HBA2 takes part in oxygen transport from the lung to the different peripheral tissues. The coding sequences of HBA2 and HBA1 are equal but have a small difference over the 5' untranslated regions and the introns, and a large difference over the 3' untranslated regions. HbA is constituted from two alpha chains and two beta chains which in standard adult life hold about 97% of the total hemoglobin; alpha chains associate with delta chains to create HbA-2 that with HbF (fetal hemoglobin) form the remaining 3% of adult hemoglobin. Alpha thalassemia is caused by removal of each of the alpha genes or removal of both HBA2 and HBA1; nondeletion alpha thalassemias has also been reported.

Description

HBA2 Human Recombinant produced in E. coli is a single polypeptide chain containing 179 amino acids (1-142) and having a molecular mass of 19.5 kDa.
HBA2 is fused to a 37 amino acid His-tag at N-terminus & purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.

Source

E.coli.

Physical Appearance

Sterile Filtered colorless solution.

Formulation

The HBA2 solution (1mg/1ml) contains 20mM Tris-HCl buffer (pH 8.0), 100mM NaCl, 2mM DTT, 2M urea and 20% glycerol.

Stability

Store at 4°C if entire vial will be used within 2-4 weeks. Store, frozen at -20°C for longer periods of time.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).

Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.

Purity

Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.

Amino acid sequence

MRGSHHHHHH GMASMTGGQQ MGRDLYDDDD KDRWGSHMVL SPADKTNVKA AWGKVGAHAG EYGAEALERM FLSFPTTKTY FPHFDLSHGS AQVKGHGKKV ADALTNAVAH VDDMPNALSA LSDLHAHKLR VDPVNFKLLS HCLLVTLAAH LPAEFTPAVH ASLDKFLASV STVLTSKYR

Safety Data Sheet

Usage

ProSpec's products are furnished for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. The product may not be used as drugs, agricultural or pesticidal products, food additives or household chemicals.
Back to Top